We are looking for Museum Assistant(s)!
Pending federal and provincial summer youth funding
We are a local Community Museum, preserving and sharing collections and artifacts.
We can offer you the opportunity to learn more about our local area history, develop new transferrable skills while making a valuable contribution to our community.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office, including Excel and Power Point
- Ability to work remotely, if required, with reliable internet connection
- Work a 5-day week on rotating schedule
- Self-starter – some remote working may be required
- Team player
- Familiar with Social media (Instagram/Facebook) and relevant Museum postings
- Open and close Museum with staggered hours of operation
- Help with daily operations, adhering to posted COVID-19 protocols, including cleaning
- Assist Curator with Collections management, including learning new Museum software system, inventory reconciliation and Exhibit display/design
- Assist with research requests using resources provided
- Be part of the team that makes regular blog posts and posts to our Museum Social Media
- Handle cash/POS in Gift Shop/visitor admittance
- Some outdoor grounds maintenance/cleanup as required
We are located at Explorers Point in Mattawa in a beautiful 3 level log building.
All COVID-19 Health Protocols will be in place according to Nipissing/Parry Sound Health Unit, including adherence to zone protocols.
Apply with resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Judy Toupin, Curator