Thanks to the Canada Summer Jobs program we are looking to hire for 3 positions as Museum Assistants.
Applications are open now, closing May 11, 2022
Who can apply:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
What will you be doing?
We will be featuring a Live History Exhibit on Explorers Point – the building of a 20-foot birch bark canoe by Marcel Labelle. That means you will be working both inside and outside. There will be several different workshops going on and you will be asked to assist in organizing, setting up, supervising and taking down. We will also participate in monthly Vendor Markets at Explorers Point, so you will assist with that event as well.
Inside the museum you will be part of a team:
- helping in exhibit areas by learning about the various exhibits so you can answer questions from visitors
- assisting guests with any questions they may have about other things to do in our community
- working in the giftshop
- assisting in daily housekeeping and operational duties
- assisting with Social Media posts and writings for our Behind the Scenes Blog
Hours & Pay:
You will be working 30 hours/week. Wages $15.00/hour. There will be a staggered work week as we will be open 7 days a week for July and August.
Assets that will enhance our team?
- Enthusiastic, energetic, people oriented, willing to learn new things
- Self-starter, dependable and team player
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and creative apps such as Canva is a definite asset as you will be part of a creative team
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Summer Job, mail to PO Box 9, Mattawa, ON P0H 1V0 or drop off to the Museum, Monday – Friday (9am til 2pm).
Please provide resume AND cover letter